Home » Departments » Administration » Engineer » Working In The Right-Of-Way

Andy Selle
City Engineer
Municipal Building
101 N Main St
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538
(920) 563-7760
Request email notification when page changes E-Notify
Right of Way Banner
Before any work can be performed in a City right-of-way, a street opening permit and appropriate supporting documentation must be submitted to the office of the City Engineer for approval and payment. These materials can be delivered in person at the Municipal Building (101 N Main St) between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm or by email to Tom Williamson: The $50 permit fee is payable with cash or personal check and is due upon approval of submitted application material. Any work found to be performed in the right-of-way without appropriate documentation will be subject to fine and unable to resume until proper procedure has been followed.

For additional information, contact the office of the City Engineer at (920) 563-7760.

What is "City Right - of - Way"?

Permit requirements and permit application can be obtained by clicking here or contacting the City Engineer's office.


2020 Annual Report