Contact UsMunicipal Building
101 N. Main Street
Fort Atkinson WI 53538
Municipal Building Custodian
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provides janitorial duties with a wide array of cleaning and disinfecting tasks provided. Hours are limited to 9 per week at the Municipal Building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Clean bathrooms with details to washing and disinfecting toilets, sinks, and common surfaces such as stall doors and dividers. Mop and sweep floors, vacuum carpets, refill soap dispensers, paper towels, and toilet paper roll dispensers.
- Empty all trash and recycle receptacles in the building.
- Wet mop hallways in the winter.
- Clean and disinfect drinking fountains, all doorknobs, and common surfaces in the building.
- Assist in cleaning the gym and dance floors using a floor scrubber.
- Communicate with the Parks & Recreation Director to report problems with the facility, burnt out light bulbs, and when cleaning supplies are running low.
- Clean inside of windows and entry doors with window cleaning spray.
- General dusting of surfaces in the building that may not be commonly or regularly used.
- Replace furnace filters with new ones monthly.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in responding to problems.
- Ability to communicate with the Director and all other personnel, customers, and visitors in a pleasant manner.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort typically involving some combination of lifting, carrying, and pushing.
- Previous custodial work desired. No degree or certification needed.
Starting wage of this position is $10.50/hour. To apply, send a completed application by April 26, 2021 to the Parks and Recreation Director at email@example.com or 30 North Water Street West, Fort Atkinson, WI 53538.
Assistant City Engineer
The City of Fort Atkinson Engineering Dept. seeks an experienced, self-motivated individual to fill the role of Assistant City Engineer. This position reports directly to the City Engineer. The candidate should have the ability to work both individually and cooperatively in a professional manner with fellow employees, contractors, developers, and most importantly the community. The successful applicant can expect to lead or support many of the following tasks:
• Survey with Rod/Level and RTK equip.
• Mapping using CAD and GIS
• CAD Design using Civil3D
• Construction Oversight and Management
• GIS Data Collection with ESRI products
• Planning/Leading Committee Meetings
• Water, Sanitary, and Storm Infrastructure Assessment and Design
• Stormwater, Recycling, Transit Reporting and Compliance
• RFP Solicitation and Evaluation
• Private Development Review
• Road/Parking Lot Design, Maintenance Planning
• Right of Way Permit Review
Required Skills and Experience:
• A bachelor or associate degree in civil engineering, engineering technology or a related field is required. Substantial experience may substitute for a degree.
• Design and construction of infrastructure projects
• Assessment of infrastructure condition and replacement planning
• GPS and traditional equipment methods of survey
• ESRI based GIS applications and software
• Proficiency in Civil3D
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Independent Worker
• Creative problem solver, independent thinker, progressive planner
This is a full time salaried position. The City of Fort Atkinson offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. The starting salary range is $62,658 - $69,809, depending on qualifications. The City offers the following; pays 88% of state sponsored health insurance premiums, provides dental insurance, life insurance, participation in Wisconsin Retirement System (6.75% employee, 6.75% City), deferred compensation, flexible spending, holidays, paid vacation, and flexible work hours.
The City of Fort Atkinson is a vibrant community located on the Rock River about 45 minutes from Milwaukee or Madison. The school district is excellent, and the community supports a myriad of local arts, entertainment, food, recreation and volunteer endeavors.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Andy Selle – City Engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org.